The British Isles Network of Congenital Anomaly Registers (BINOCAR) comprises regional and disease-specific registers across the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland.
The aim of BINOCAR is to provide continuous epidemiological monitoring of the frequency, nature and outcomes of congenital anomalies for the population of the British Isles by means of national, regional and disease-specific registers of congenital anomalies.
- surveillance and analysis of congenital anomalies
- monitoring and audit of health provision, detection and outcomes for congenital anomalies
- provision of information to support planning and administration of the provision made for health and social care for pregnancies and infants affected by congenital anomalies
- medical research, approved by research ethics committees, into the causes and consequences of congenital anomalies
- provision of information to clinicians to support their clinical practice